Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Baby Learn Chinese

Yesterday, I was whinging that my girls seemed to have lost their “mother tongue” which is the Chinese language. Today, I received in my post 3 DVDs which I ordered from Asianparent.com. I am unsure if my girls will indeed learn Chinese from simply watching DVDs but was I surprised! The moment I put in the DVD, Ariel started clapping her hands to the piano music and was listening intently to the words repeated on the screen. You should have seen my face, I was exhilarated!

The first DVD I let the girls watch was called Baby Learn Chinese. It is kind of like watching Baby Einstein but in mandarin. My twins used to LOVE Baby Einstein and this is simply a different version which they did not seem to mind. The DVD was pretty useful as it taught the girls the basic body parts (which the older twins are recalling slowing) and showed colourful pictures and asian children talking in Mandarin. Unlike other DVDs which has poorly spoken English, the lady in this program has pretty good pronunciation of the English language. This sets my mind in peace as the girls will learn good Mandarin without learning bad English too.

All in all, I would say this is a great DVD and I will definitely get more when the girls start to master more words. I’m so proud of little Ariel as she patted her head when I asked her where is her “tou”?

No comments: