Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tears for Fear


There has always been alot of tears in my family. My girls, especially the twins, love to cry. It’s not just the bad things that they cry about, they cry over EVERYTHING. At EVERY opportunity. EVERY day. It’s becoming quite a problem for me, since it’s getting really hard to calm them down when Ariel is becoming more and more clingy towards me. Sometimes, I must admit, I wish I can just simply just leave the house. No one told me motherhood is going to be so tough. I know it’s not an easy ride but this tough? Surely there must be something abnormal with my family? Crying, whining, fighting every day? This is ridiculous.

I wish I’m the calmest person in the family. Of course, I’m not. In fact, I have been battling a hyperactive thyroid for years now and it’s wrecking havoc on my emotions. In the past, everything brought me to tears. My husband not being available when I need him to. The twins fighting too much and not listening to me. Worrying I’m not attentive towards Ariel as compared to the twins. Worrying about the unattended housework. Guilty for not spending enough time educating the twins. Everything. I cry over everything.

When my twins were born, they were a nightmare. I spent 5 nights in the hospital with a caesarean cut, unable to lie down properly and getting up every 5 minutes because they cry so much. So much. I thought it’s normal for babies to cry at that time as they were my first born. But Ariel doesn’t cry at all when she was born. She slept the whole night away without even waking up to have a feed! I know all children are different. But now that my twins are bigger and more in control of their tears than when they are infants, their uncontrolled crying is a becoming kind of a worry.

My husband is starting to wonder if excessive crying is genetic. Har Har. If someone out there can tell me how to stop all these tears, please drop me a note.

No comments: