Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday is Mackers Day


The girls are exceptionally good today. Jeslyn and Janesa came back from preschool, each holding their little box of goodies.

3.15 p.m. every Monday is Happy Meal Hour. This is when I drive the girls to the golden arch for their weekly dose of “healthy” selections. Somehow, the only healthy option they choose is the 250ml bottled water, go figures. Janesa always have the cheeseburger while Jeslyn will always have the chicken nuggets. There is no compromise.

Their taste in food is as different as they are with their personalities. If they are not identical, no one would know they are twins. Sometimes, I will joke with my husband that I doubt the girls know they are twins either.

Conversation heard on our ride home,
Janesa: Mommy, i have no friends.

Me: What? Why? (trying to focus on the afterschool rush hour traffic)
Janesa: Today, Jeslyn and Joshua shouted at me in school. They are not my friends.
Me: Why did they shout at you?
Janesa: Because they don’t like me.
Me: I don’t think they don’t like you, Janesa. What did you do later?
Janesa: Isabella come and talk to me.
Me: Who is Isabella?
Janesa: She is my friend.

No comments: