Sunday, August 24, 2008

Better Give Him a Call

I believe in God. I just been too busy. I know, all eyes are rolling. I was one of those people who is “too busy”. Too busy getting married, too busy having children, too busy arguing with my spouse, just too busy. It’s funny how life turns out. In one way or the other, God always find me back.

Sometimes, i think humans get too complacent. When life is great, we simply just enjoyed it. Without once thinking that maybe someone up there gave it to us. When life sucks, all eyes up to heaven, accusing.

I haven’t been to Church for a while. When I got married, my husband’s lifestyle somehow clashed with my church going. I was very much in love and I accepted his theory that Buddhism is better because it teaches peace by mediations. When our marriage started getting nasty, I started praying in temples, offering joss sticks and having strange monks meditating at our home to ward off “angry spirits”. It was only recently did I realise that it’s of no use for me to pray to Buddha if my heart does not believe in it.

I’m not saying that Buddhism is bad. What I’m saying is that in order for religion to give one peace, there must be faith in it. Because it will be that faith that will pull us through the bad times, it will be that faith that stop us from going astray. Because I didn’t have that faith, our marriage just got worse and I get more depressed.

As strange as life has it, one day, these two Christian elderly turned up at my doorstep. Usually I will shut the door to evangelism, but this time, I simply took the books they gave me. Maybe God was calling me, but on one of the books, it titled “How To Make Your Marriage Work for Christ”. Okay, Nicole, you had better go to church, He is hinting to me I have to.

But here is the real deal, I didn’t want to go to any church, I only wanted to go to the church I went to in University, Christian Life Centre. But it was too far for me to travel with 3 kids. As faith has it, I googled that I have a CLC within 5 minutes from my home! It was the very church which Sydney CLC originated from. It was pretty awesome and further confirmed my reason to attend it.

I went to Church with the 3 kids today. We went to the evening church as Janesa overslept and i didn’t want her to get cranky towards Sunday School. We have tons of fun. The girls did some great collage and Ariel has some great toys to play with. Most of all, they met some really good people and we felt a lot of love and acceptance. Something that we haven’t felt for a long time...

No comments: